Guess I’m getting old because I’ve been thinking about my life and what learned all these years. Is that considered a quarter-life crisis?! Whatever this new *ish is, got me thinking on how grateful I should be to be alive and that even though I’ve had rough bumps in my ride I’ve grown stronger from them.
So here’s to another year of me realizing that my life is good, moaning, crying a little and then realizing again that it’s always a great day to be alive and that every day that we see the light of day is a new start to follow my dreams. So, without further ado, here are the things I’ve realized/learned during my days on Earth.
You live and you learn
1) You don’t have to please everybody. It’s OK to say no!
This one took me a while to learn because I am a people pleaser. By that, I mean that if others are happy then I am happy too, which it’s nice but it also takes so much outta you that you end up not being happy. So, I’ve learned how to say no even though it kills me sometimes. we are no superwoman over here, so you can’t please everybody. Put yourself first!
2) You can do whatever you set your mind is set to.
Just be positive and don’t give up before you’ve even tried. You’ve got so much in you, just find that force within and fight.
3) Things will get hard sometimes, but you are not alone.
Even when you feel alone you actually aren’t, just look around and I’m sure you’ll find a helping hand. Don’t be scared to fight, the end game is worth it.
4) Cooking is fun and therapeutic.
Whenever I’ve sad, I bake. It helps, I guess because I’m doing something to stuff my face after.
5) You’re dope dude! Take time to listen, learn about yourself.
Take me time, learn and love who you are. Promise you’ll find out later that you are freaking dope!
6) There’s a big big world outside the house, explore it. You’ll grow so much!
Whether you’re gonna be traveling or just exploring your hometown, move your but out that coach. When your sad and feeling sorry for yourself it’s easy to be a couch potato.
7) I’m the funniest person I know, I’m freaking hilarious. You should see the jokes I tell myself.
Woah I just sounded a bit intitled or nuts really! But it’s true, I’m dope, I’m hilarious, dude. I might not make you laugh but I know how cool I am.
8) I don’t need a bunch of friends, the only ones I need .. I count them in one hand.
My parents used to tell me when I was younger that friends come and go, but that I’d find my “pack” that we’d stick together forever. I might not have a butt load of friends but I have the best ones.
9) Social media does not validate me.
A year back after I took a break from social media, I wrote a whole post about it. Take a lil look at it [HERE].
10) Karma is a real bitch, what comes around goes back around.
Justin Timberlake was right.. just saying!
11) I don’t need to compare myself to others. I’m AWESOME!
Even though I think I’ve earned this one, well, sometimes it gets to me.. I’m only human.
12) Animals are the kindest, lovable beings on Earth.
Do I need to explain this one? They’re the reason why I follow a plant-based diet.
13) Life’s too short, make most of it.
Live in the present guys. Resentment, negativity has no place in a happy life. Live, love .. you don’t know tomorrow!
14) It’s ok to get help, it doesn’t mean you’ve lost the battle.
I have social anxiety, sometimes overall anxiety that leads to panic attacks. I hate to lose control of my mind and spirals me into anxiety, but I’m working on it daily. It took me a while to talk about it and ask for help, I felt defeated but actually, my battle was only starting. Read more about anxiety [HERE]
15) My skin is 90% of my selfies.
These past few years I started paying attention to my skin, it’s the only one I have so I better take care of it. Check out my Skincare routine [HERE].